Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING, FAILING TO DO SO MAY DELAY YOUR MEDICAL
For us to make sure we can help you please remember to bring your:
1. Glasses prescription if you wear glasses or contact lenses during driving.
2. Relevant Medical History – Normally a FULL GP summary which can be obtained for free from your GP. If you are having a PCO license medical we are unable to carry out the medical without this. If you are having trouble obtaining the GP summary please see our FAQs.
3. Current medications and doses – Your repeat prescription is ideal.
4. A copy of the results of any medical investigations/tests you may have done.
5. A form of I.D (passport or driver’s license) along with any other form of I.D as specified by the relevant forms.
6. Your relevant application form.
If you have ever had ischaemic heart disease (a heart attack, angina, coronary artery bypass graft, or insertion of a stent), you must have a treadmill test every three years to hold a taxi license. This is not included in the medical.
If you have diabetes and use insulin, you may be able to hold a taxi license, but you will need to be seeing a diabetes specialist every year and keeping a record of at least twice daily blood sugar tests.
If you have diabetes and take certain tablets, you will need to be doing a blood sugar measurement at least twice a day.
If you have high blood pressure and are on tablets, you need to provide us with at least 3 readings done at home on different dates.
You can amend/ cancel your booking but you must give at least 72 HOURS NOTICE. If the notice is less than 72 hours, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REFUND the cost of the appointment.
You can do this by calling the call centre in working hours or via email.
The Free Re-test
We understand that there may be unforeseen conditions which may lead to you not passing the medical assessment. In the event of you failing the initial medical assessment VitalMedicals will give you the opportunity to rebook for another single appointment within 60 days of the initial assessment. We will not be able to accommodate the free re-test after the 60 day period. This applies to the date of the retest assessment, not when you book for a re-test.